Saturday, August 21, 2010

Scrapbooking Resumes

Megan and I went to a scrapbook weekend yesterday and today with Misty and Grandma Halley. Holy Moly! Scrapbooking has gotten a little out of control in the last 6 years, if you ask me. We went to Misty's mother-in-law's house. She used to work for Provo Craft, and her scrapbook "room" was more like a scrapbook store stockroom. After a few hours of learning how to use all the gadgets and looking in the idea books, we were officially intimidated and sat staring at our blank cardstock like we had no hope. But, I was able to work on Riley's baby book a little, since he's almost 5. He came up to me yesterday after looking at all the photos I pulled out of storage and said "Mom, was I born?" I thought, "Yeah. Time to get his book done."

Brian partied it up with Summer and Riley while we were gone. They cleaned the house for me (even the bathrooms! BROWNIE POINTS!), they went to McDonalds and got sundaes and brought the peanuts home for me, and raided a Redbox machine for all it was worth. Then, Brian took me out on the town for a little date. We ended up strolling through the Gateway mall in Salt Lake. It was nice to hold my sweetie's hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment